Friday 15 August 2014

Smoothie Recovery..... Mmmm, this one's my favourite!

Like most of my recipes I do not concern myself too much with calorie counting, I live a very active lifestyle and eat very healthy so there is no need to calorie count. Plus all the ingredients in here are really good for you!

What you get from this shake is a great mix of protein, good fats, some easy to digest carbs which will go straight to replacing glycogen and some leafy goodness. All wrapped into a tasty shake.

Ingredients:

Half small avocado
Coconut water or almond milk add depending on how thick you like your shake.
A handful of almonds, preferable soaked for 12 hrs before.
Half a banana
Handful of spinach
Handful of Kale
3 or 4 dates (don't forget to remove stones)
A few lumps of ice if desired.

Blend this all together, the more powerful the blender the better the smoothy. Look for watts, you want 500 plus watts. I use a 750w hand blender, I would dearly love a Vitamix!!

Guys I promise this is really really good the avocado makes it lovely and creamy and all the dates do is bring some sweetness so if you want to cut the carbs do it here. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment